twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Gallivanting...in Norfolk with Granny

On Monday I jetted off- well, more hopped on a train -to my Granny's in Snettisham, Norfolk, for a few days- and it was so lovely to get away from Hertfordshire. I had the loveliest time and have been totally spoilt rotten- and have now decided that once retired, or even before, I'd like to move to the seaside, and get a dog, so that I can begin everyday with a lovely dog walk on the beach- I think then I would be very happy. Although Baldock is hardly a bustling town, you really do notice the quietness and serenity of Norfolk in comparison- especially when walking through woods with the dogs and not bumping into a single person.

Awaiting the train at Baldock with my Mary Poppins bag
Dog walk no.1 in some lovely woods

Reading in the evening sun- this book is very, VERY good


The room I stayed in is the B&B room, so naturally, it is absolutely lovely (as I'm sure it would be even if it were not a guest room). I slept in what is quite possibly the most comfortable bed in all of England- and, despite the size, found myself waking up curled up on the left hand side as though I were sleeping in my little single bed. I will miss this bed almost as much as I will miss Granny, Gutty and the dogs.

Flowers from the garden picked by Granny

"I can see the sea so give me 5p!"

Dog walk no.2: Yes, I did swing on the swing.
On Tuesday Granny and I went on a trawl around some lovely shops- meandering around Wells, Docking, and Heacham- and generally having a lovely time! One of my favourite shops was one called Big Blue Sky, in which Granny bought me a lovely print to have in my university room. We stopped for lunch in a lovely little tea room in Wells called Catesby's, which served a very scrummy blueberry and lemon drizzle cake, as well as yummy peppermint tea! We also treated ourselves to ice cream AND crispy crackle cakes...just because we could.

Ace print from Big Blue Sky

Bunting in the streets of Wells


A spot of peppermint tea in pretty mugs!

Would definitely love to paint the reflection of the clouds in the sea- it looked so lovely.

Make mine a mint-choc-chip, always!
I think Bertie wanted to walk himself this morning 

Abandoned shoes for wading (ahem, paddling) through some water

The dogs enjoying the beach
I only got home about an hour ago and I already want to return to Granny's- which is sad, because I won't be able to stay there again for at least another three months! Nonetheless, it has definitely done me good to get away for a few days- as I was in danger of slipping into a routine of doing nothing other than sleeping and eating. Next up I need to start reading my course books for university, finish reading La Bete Humaine, and get writing my first article for Soton Tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment