twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Monday 23 September 2013

Thoughts on..moving to Southampton

So, after much build up, many lists, lots of goodbyes, and a few tears, the day came for me to move to Southampton University. For the past week I haven't been able to go a day without feeling either sick with worry, or just unbelievably sad at the thought of leaving my friends, family and boyfriend. I think the whole thing felt ten times worse because I have lived in the same house for the last 18 years- and the thought of moving to a new place with new people seemed pretty terrifying. The goodbyes were horrible, one in particular, but I really am having the best time now that I'm here!

The thing I was most excited about was getting to decorate my room, and so, whilst my mum and step dad went about unloading the practical stuff, I made better use of my time by pinning little girly things to my noticeboard and making the whole place a bit prettier- which was ace. I can't wait to collect more things over my time here and fill my notice board even more!



 


I think I've been extremely lucky with the people in my flat, which has also helped me to settle in so quickly. So far we all seem to be getting along really well, and despite not ending up at the foam party last night (which admittedly I'm pretty glad about) and then boycotting the infamous Jesters queue, I had a great first night- and I didn't wake up hungover which is always a bonus! Tonight we plan to make up for that though...so tomorrow morning might not be so sweet. I'm glad I'm no longer feeling so worried about the social side of university, next to tackle the academic worries!

Night 1!
Gately flat 14! (Note: do not customise clothing whilst drunk)
I hope anyone else who has moved into university is having a great time too. I'm sure there will be more university related posts to follow! A 'Gallivanting...' one will come soonish.

No comments:

Post a Comment