twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Sunday 23 February 2014

Gallivanting...in Southampton with Nick

Earlier this week Nick took a little trip to Southampton to see me, and we had an ace few days. Despite having been here for near enough 6 months now, I haven't really done much of the touristy stuff like trawling around the docks and walking around exploring, so it was really nice to have an excuse to do that. Highlight of the days was definitely Ed's Diner though- although Mettricks Coffee (a little coffee house in Old Southampton that I started visiting a few weeks ago) still reigns on as my favourite place in Southampton so far! Sorry for the pretty rubbishy phone photos, took the opportunity to take the film camera out so a lot of nicer ones are on there! 



1 & 2. Evidence that Ed's Diner is a place of wonderful food and milkshakes. Nick had a peanut butter milkshake and it was b-e-a-utiful!
3. We paid a visit to the docks...and um, the docks are quite boring...we saw some boats...and that was about it
4. I thought it was cool that nice old houses like this are about when I'm so used to the boring old city ones around town!


5. I just liked the old lamppost and old pub so took a picture of them together.
6. We stumbled across a pretty cool-looking restaurant that serves Greek, Italian and something else...will hopefully be paying them a visit!
7 & 8. Mettricks is the loveliest little coffee house I've been to in ages, it was the last stop on mine and Nick's Southampton adventure before he hopped on the train home! Nick treated me to a pot of 'Char Winter Fairytale' and it was the nicest tea I have ever had- will definitely need to stock up on it at some point! 

Overall Nick and I had an ace few days, and I'm really excited for him to come and stay again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment