twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Book Haul!


I recently received some book vouchers from my old school and promised my head of year that I wouldn't spend them on books for my course, so I thought it fitting to go on a bit of a book shop earlier today! Aside from this great lot, there were a couple of others I didn't manage to get- namely Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer but I will be sure to keep a look out for them later on. It was really lovely going to a bookshop and being able to look for new things, and picking up books just because the cover caught my eye, instead of having to pop into the university bookshop with a specific list of books for my course!


There's always one book that you seem to see everywhere, and before Christmas I kept seeing John Williams' Stoner on display in pretty much every bookshop. I quite like that it's a classic that has recently been brought to everyone's attention, so I'm really looking forward to reading it (and the copy I got is beautiful!). 


This is the book out of the five that I know the least about, but the cover caught my eye and I'm pretty sure I've heard/read something about it somewhere! It's a rarity that I will buy something knowing nothing about it, but it's probably good to do that once in a while.


I've wanted to read this since reading Never Let Me Go a couple of years ago and absolutely loving it. I don't know what it's about, I only know from others that it is great. I'm just about to start reading it and I'm embarrassingly excited about it.


This is another novel I've wanted to read for a while- I think it was since my Mum read it for a book club she was part of when I was younger and she told me I was too young to read it, but as luck would have it by the time I was 'old enough' to read it, we no longer had a copy. So I'm happy now to have my own copy that I am able to read! 


I remember quite a while ago someone recommended this to me in conjunction with my reading of 1984 and Brave New World, and as the latter was possibly the best novel I read last year I thought it best to give it a read too!

No comments:

Post a Comment