twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Thoughts on...saying goodbye to 2013

Thought I'd do a fairly typical post about the good stuff that happened to me in 2013. If you follow my Tumblr it's already on there, so apologies!


As a whole, 2013 has been pretty great- even given the amount that has changed. It started horribly but has ended brilliantly, and I can't help but compare how much happier I am now than I was this time last year. (not really hard, eh- considering I entered 2013 crying and having to be looked after by my ace friends)
Education-wise this was a bloody great year, I worked hard for my exams and it all paid off, meaning I was able to go to Southampton to study English which I really wanted to do. I'm so glad I went there because I have met some of the best people and have been lucky enough to leave with people I am now very close too! The course itself has been manageable for the most part and I'm really looking forward to having more choice next year. I also passed my driving test in March which was kind of cool (except for those that have been driven by me!).

Obviously universities/other plans meant leaving the girls and everyone here would be hard but we had the best summer to make up for it. Our little jaunt to Sheringham was absolutely lovely, and Reading with Darcy and Holly was amazing as expected- among all the other little trips to the pub and what not that made the summer so great. I also got into a new relationship with Dan (3 weeks before buggering off to Southampton, great timing hey?) and he is just bloody great and makes me very happy. 

Goals for 2014:


  • read more
  • go 'gallivanting' again- preferably somewhere outside of England!
  • get a 2:1 (or above, if possible) in my first year of university
  • see more live music
  • buy lots more vinyl
  • dye my hair pretty colours
  • save up some money for going away and other nice things
  • maybe (probably not) be a little bit more healthy!
  • write on this blog more often
  • write more letters to people (i.e. Granny and Chloe)
So, that's it really. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment