twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Friday 24 January 2014

List VI: Things to look forward to in 2014

I thought I'd do a follow up of sorts to my previous 'things to look forward to' post, which can be found here. I guess it kind of links to my brief list of things I want to do this year, as I haven't really got anything much planned yet!

  • Having a house!
As I will be going into my second year at university in September, my flatmates and myself will be moving out of halls! It's going to be so nice to have a proper house, and actually live by ourselves as opposed to being somewhat still looked after by security and what not here! It will also be great to be able to have a shower without setting the damn fire alarm off. The best part is that I get the attic room and I'm so looking forward to making it all homely and nice!

  • Music
I already have plans to see Foals with Chlo in February, Wild Beasts in March, and hopefully Reading Festival (round 3!) with Dan at the end of the Summer. I'm really enjoying being able to see lots of live music with lovely people, like LC! just before Christmas and Frightened Rabbit just before, and I definitely want to see as much as I can this year. I'm also really excited for a few upcoming albums, such as new stuff from Foo Fighters (squeal), Wild Beasts- Wanderlust, and various others!


  • Nick coming to stay
My brother hasn't visited me at university yet so I am so so excited for him to come and stay! We are going to go to cool places like Mettricks (an ace coffee house in Old Southampton), Beatnik Emporium and Ed's Diner which will be ace.


  • Easter 
I'm looking forward to the Easter holidays because my birthday is slap bang in the middle and I get to be at home for a WHOLE MONTH which will be ever so lovely. And that's pretty much it really.

  • Summer
I don't really have any plans as yet for Summer, but I'm just really looking forward to having a long period of time where I can regularly see my family, Dan and the girls- and actually appreciate it! It will be made even better if me and the girls manage to pull off some sort of holiday, visiting somewhere like Amsterdam or Berlin with them would be ace. As we will have moved into the house by July I'm also hoping that my flatmates and myself will have a little holiday here, which would be pretty cool! Pipe dreams like Isle of Wight and Reading Festivals are also looking very appealing- and the are the reason why I've promised myself that I am going to save money from work for once.

  • Second Year
Although it seems like quite a way off right now- especially as I haven't even started Semester 2 yet! -but I'm so excited for the amount of choice I will have next year. Although I've enjoyed the work so far at university, it's all core stuff really and so hasn't necessarily all been what I would like to study- but the amount of modules on offer for next year is amazing!

I guess that's about all that I can think of right now, but it seems like this is going to be a pretty cool year.


No comments:

Post a Comment