twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Monday 29 July 2013

Gallivanting...in the capital

Today I decided to be spontaneous(ish) and head to London to visit some places I've wanted to for a while! Despite going it alone, I had a really ace day- I probably got more out of it because of deciding to go alone actually. I did spend most of the day wandering aimlessly and pretending not to be lost, but I got to everywhere I wanted to go in the end- namely Brick Lane, Portabello Market and Camden.

 

A standard outfit selfie- first time I've worn this Motel Rocks dress and I quite liked it! Bit impractical due to being made entirely of mesh, but I teamed it with a lace bralet and a black skirt which worked fine. I also wore silver socks and my mint green converse, which I have fallen a little in love with!



After getting a little lost in the Brick Lane area I stumbled upon a Rough Trade and just "having a look" inevitably turned into spending money on pretty records. I tried to get the Group Love/Manchester Orchestra/Frightened Rabbit collab record on RSD '13 but David's didn't have any available- so I jumped at the chance to buy it today. I haven't listened to it yet but I'm pretty hopeful! I also couldn't resist getting my hands on Tame Impala's Elephant, which sounds amazing.


Cool signage in the Portobello Road area



I've seen a lot of people say things about Bubble Tea but never really knew what it was about. I still don't know what it is about- my mouth was so confused when drinking this! There was liquid. Then chewy bubbles. Then liquid. Chewy stuff. More chewy stuff. (and so on). BUT it really was rather yummy and I will have to try more flavours at some point!

Pretty pastel houses



I trawled around a lot of vintage shops/book shops and the like, but this was a really lovely one that smelt exactly like David's and was totally jam packed! After a fair bit of deliberation I settled on buying The Naked Lunch which I have heard odd/interesting things about, and I am looking forward to reading it at some point in the near future.



To round the day off I settled down by Camden Lock to read Alice in Wonderland for a little while, which was lovely! I also spent the best £4 of my life on a well needed Chinese of noodles and chicken, then returned home. 

I'm completely shattered but I had an ace day, and I definitely need to do things like this more often!





No comments:

Post a Comment