twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Saturday 27 July 2013

Vinyl appreciation

I got a record player for Christmas, and it's quite possibly the best gift I've ever received (despite the fact that my bank balance has been severely dented by my growing obsession with vinyl). Everyone always says it, but, music really does sound better on vinyl. This may be because I have really awful laptop speakers, but there's just something lovely about listening to records- even if they are a little dusty/scratched/crackly, it's all part of the fun! So I thought I'd take a few pictures of some of my favourite records, because records are cool.



Record Store Day means exclusive coloured vinyl and this purchase made me very happy!


More coloured vinyl courtesy of RSD '13. Sigur Ros are perfect to listen to on vinyl. They aren't the sort of band that you can just listen to the odd song when it comes on shuffle, I find that I need to listen to their albums as a whole rather than the songs as separate entities. I recently bought their latest album, Kveikur, and it sounds wonderful on my record player!


I don't think a day will come where I can't enjoy listening to Foo Fighters. I saw them on their Wasting Light tour (along with Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala, and Deathcab for Cutie) and it was the best night of my life to date, so I think this album will always be a reminder of that night!


I am finding that I'm listening to LC! less and less, as well as maybe losing enjoyment in listening to them. BUT this album is still beautiful and listening to it from time to time is nice, and To Tundra is possibly one of my favourite songs ever.

That's all I have to say on the vinyl front for now! I am definitely in need of a trip to David's Music to stock up on vinyl/secondhand books- I'm sure a 'haul' post will follow once I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment