twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Sunday 12 July 2015

Summer Reading List

Although I'm going to be pretty weighed down by the hefty reading lists I already have for my modules next year, I definitely need to find time this summer to read things that I want to read. I'm hoping that I can get myself back into the swing of reading as much as I used to- at least then the plunge into term time won't be quite so daunting.


American Psycho is my first read of the summer. I've managed to read some of it in the sporadic spots of sunshine that I've spent in my garden, and it's style is very gripping. It's pretty intense, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.


I don't think summer would be complete without a proper chick flick - and who better than Bridget Jones? Granted, my love for her did go down a bit during a film adaptation module last year, but I still can't believe I've waited this long to read the third instalment.


I've been meaning to read this sci-fi masterpiece for about a year now. I actually ended up reading another of Dick's novels, A Scanner Darkly, and writing about it for a module. His style is at once effortless and intensely detailed, so the novel that Blade Runner sprang from should be a good read.


Lastly, I need something to fuel my everlasting love for Virginia Woolf. I haven't read anything of hers for a while, not since Mrs Dalloway featuring on one of my modules, so I'm happily going to throw myself into the poetics of this novel.

I'd love to say I'll get reviews up of all of these, but I probably won't...I'll just be content with setting aside time for reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment