twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Update on...life



It's definitely been a while, to say the least. Whether that's due to business, lack of motivation, being snowed under with assignments or just not really thinking about writing- I don't really know. But the onset of the summer holidays brings with it an overwhelming sense of boredom, though I hate to admit it.

In reality, I actually have quite a lot going for me this summer. I've been lucky enough to get an internship at my university, working in the Marketing and Communications team, and four weeks in I'm loving it. I even got to spend a day handing out free cupcakes last week (which I think is now my ultimate career goal).

Internship aside, the best thing that has happened to me over the past few months is being elected Records Editor for The Edge. This basically means that I get to spend a lot of time writing about music, reading about music, and getting others to write about music. It's the most amazing opportunity and I genuinely feel so lucky to be able to work with such an incredible group of people. It's ace. I also got to interview the lovely Lucy Rose, who was an absolute gem.

Back to the reason I'm actually in Southampton, my degree. Academically, I've probably just had the best year ever. I got to study Women in Hollywood, Film Adaptation and an amazing module called Images of Women. You know when you imagine what English will be like at university; reading Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own, slating Freud and learning about great literary women? This module was all of that and more.

There's probably not a lot else to say. But maybe over this summer I will make sure I'm around a bit more and get writing lots (if I can find anything interesting to do/write about, that is!).

For now I will probably throw some reviews I've recently done towards you, so have a read if you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment