twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Gallivanting...à Paris

 It was actually back in February 2012 that I last went to Paris, but I thought I'd grace you with a post about it anyway because I was thinking about the trip the other day. I went with the school for the second time, after already having gone in 2010, and again the trip was absolutely ace. You could pretty much name any tourist attraction in Paris (Arc de Triomph, Eiffel Tower, Pompidou, Notre Dame, Louvre, Sacre Coeur etc etc) and yes, we would have visited it- which resulted in a lot of tired, and sometimes moany, students. I understand that we had to make the most of our time there, and it was amazing having the opportunity to visit four museums in one day, but it really made me want to be there alone without the pressure of the clock and attempts to cram as much as possible into a fairly short space of time. The weather was also a bit of an issue, Paris in February is very, very chilly so I spent the majority of the time with around four layers on feeling a little bit snowman-esque. Nevertheless, both trips were wonderful and I am definitely going to get myself there again at some point in the near(ish) future!

View from atop the Eiffel Tower

Who doesn't need a free hug from time to time?

Evidence of snowman clobber

Pretty Parisian streets and Bekky being a tourist

"Lovers' Bridge" (or something to that effect)- couples put padlocks with initials onto the bridge to symbolise their love. Romantic, eh?

I love the narrow streets of Paris, and thought this bike looked pretty cute propped up in the corner
 I don't really have as many photos as I would like to because I stupidly didn't transfer them over from my old laptop when it gave up the ghost- but thought I'd go along with the post anyway! Next up: Schindler's Ark review (when I've finished it) as well as a results based post come Thursday if I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment