twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Sunday 11 August 2013

List IV: Places I'd like to visit/explore

I've been thinking a lot recently about wanting to do exciting things and make the most of living/being young I guess- but unfortunately spontaneity is a little difficult when it comes to travelling to out of the way places. I'd love to say that one day I will just wake up, decide I want to go to Paris, and damn well go to Paris- but realistically, I can't just set off at the drop of a hat. To take a trip I'd have to plan with family, work, money, and a number of things that make swanning off (as appealing as that is) impossible. So, I thought I'd just put together a list of places I'd like to visit in the hope that one day I will actually get the opportunity to do them.


  • Venice, Italy

Venice

I've never been to Italy, so really I would love to go anywhere there- but the idea of visiting Venice has always been really appealing. From pictures it looks so beautiful and inviting, and I'd love to get lost among the back alleys and canals and travel across the water in a boat. I'm not sure but I think there may be a possibility of doing a year abroad there with my degree, although I may be getting than confused with Kent's course.

  • Amsterdam, Holland
Amsterdam

Everyone seems to talk of going to Amsterdam in pursuit of, well, sex and drugs mostly (which I'm sure it is good fore). My motives lie elsewhere, I just think it looks like a pretty cool city that would be ace to wander around and get lost in!

  • Paris, France

I have previously been to Paris twice (and am considering doing a blog post about my trips) but I would love to go by myself. Both times were with the school, and although you are given a fair bit of freedom I often felt as though we were rushing to fit anything and everything into a short space of time, rendering us completely exhausted and unable to appreciate everything as much as we would have liked to. It would also be nice to go during the Summer, I find it's always nicer to be outside when you aren't wrapped up like a snowman and suffering from numb extremities! 
  • York, England
York-England

One a little bit closer to home, where it would actually be possible for me to visit on a day's notice! I've been to York a fair few times, having friends who live near Leeds, but I'd really like to go again. Maybe just for the day to wander around- first train up, last train home kinda thing. England really does have some lovely places and I feel like I should explore them more!

There are lots and lots of other places I'd like to visit- Canada, Australia, Kenya, Brazil, Sweden etc- and I really hope that one day I have the chance to visit them! In the meantime I may just have to stick to exploring England, perhaps venturing to Edinburgh at some point if I'm feeling really adventurous. One thing I've always really wanted to do is see the Northern Lights, so if anyone could take me somewhere to see them I think I'd be obliged to award you eternal love (or at least eternal like).

No comments:

Post a Comment