twitter/instagram

/ Instagram

Monday 26 August 2013

Gallivanting...at Reading Festival

On Thursday, all packed up with a bag that was probably big enough to fit me in it, wellie-and-shorts-clad, I headed off to Reading Festival for the second year in a row- and I can honestly say that it totally topped last year's experience (and not just because of my age making it a hell of a lot easier to get a bit squiffy).
Before going I decided that I'd see the bands I wanted to see regardless of everyone else's plans- and I'm so glad that I did that. It did mean I spent a fair bit of time by myself wandering around and feeling a little bit awkward, but once the music started everything was forgotten and amazing. Stupidly, I didn't take my camera to the arena once so I only have a few campsite photos to offer BUT I was lucky enough to see some awesome music- although at times the crowds were a little bit too boisterous for it to be enjoyable (namely when I got a split lip during Foals- Inhaler and had to leave the crowd with bloody hands)!
My definite highlights included; Biffy Clyro- Biblical/Bubbles (and the whole damn set), Alt-j- Fitzpleasure, Tame Impala- Elephant (their set was possibly my favourite of the weekend), Disclosure- White Noise, White Lies- Farewell to the Fairground, the amazing noodles I had on the last day, and then of course making it home safe and sound to my bed.
I really did have the most amazing weekend ever- literally the only thing that could have made it better would be if Foo Fighters had been there like last year! Here's to more festivals- hopefully going to take advantage of living in Southampton next year and head to Isle of Wight or Bestival.
Campsite fun
Pre-Disclosure drinks
The very lovely Holls
I assure you we didn't spend the whole festival in these clothes- although some people possibly did -we just didn't bother taking any pictures until we were all looking a bit dishevelled on the last day! I'm so excited for seeing more live music in the near future, it made me so happy this weekend- I've already booked a ticket to see Frightened Rabbit at Southampton in November. Happy festivalling!

No comments:

Post a Comment